In today’s podcast for trendwatchers, Nora Young talks about Indochino, a service that provides custom-made suits by getting the customer to do their own measurements. Cathi Bond and Nora think it furthers the trend toward mass customization, and using the internet to create personalized experiences for lower prices. It continues a trend they’ve talked about before, in products such as Styku.
Meanwhile, Cathi Bond discusses this PSFK interview with Digital Art Director Dhani Sutanto, who has created the Oyster Ring – wearable tech that he can use to access the London Tube. Cathi and Nora discuss whether the app-loaded cell phone has taken the wind out of the sails of wearable tech, or if there will be new life in good looking wearable gear.
UPDATE: Bit of a problem with the podcast for a day. Should be fine now. Thanks Encaffeinated ONE
Subscribe in iTunes
Cathi’s Novel, Night Town
- The Sniffer, April 28th, 2013: Trends in Books, Bars, and Cathi!
- The Sniffer, April 7th, 2013: Trends in Cyborgs and Drones
- The Sniffer, March 18th, 2013: Trends in Self-Tracking and Connectedness
- The Sniffer, Feb 23rd, 2013: Trends in Smart Appliances and Meditation Software
- The Sniffer, Feb 9th, 2013: Trends in Trackers and Robots