In this trendwatching podcast, Cathi Bond mentions research into developing a new type of glass that can release calcium in the body for the regeneration of bone. Another example of innovation that can target ageing populations? Check out the press release hereMeanwhile, Nora Young picks up on Trendwatching’s word watch: “Eco Embed” (scroll down). More than just a surface level ‘eco chic’ driven by consumer demand, it refers to deeper, more structural environmentalism, whether that’s cradle to cradle production, or legislated green policy. The question is, can more sustainable–and more expensive–production models last in a recession?
Subscribe in iTunes
Cathi’s Novel, Night Town
- The Sniffer, April 28th, 2013: Trends in Books, Bars, and Cathi!
- The Sniffer, April 7th, 2013: Trends in Cyborgs and Drones
- The Sniffer, March 18th, 2013: Trends in Self-Tracking and Connectedness
- The Sniffer, Feb 23rd, 2013: Trends in Smart Appliances and Meditation Software
- The Sniffer, Feb 9th, 2013: Trends in Trackers and Robots